Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gratitude-a-Day 8

Today I am thankful for music. All types (well, most types anyway). The power it has to pump you up. Calm your nerves. Put you to sleep. Remind you of people and events and memories, trigger emotions. Express feelings that words alone cannot.

I am thankful for my parents for instilling in me the importance of music, and for bringing me up in a home where sitting around the piano or guitar on a Friday night was the coolest thing we could do as a family. Thankful for Mac for teaching me all he taught me, especially about expressing the story behind the music while singing. (I've never been the same since then.) Thankful for Rachel, without whom my music collection would not be as extensive as it is. Thankful that Sean is also musical, and that it is as important to him as it is to me.

So in the words of ABBA, "Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing."
a.k.a. the motto of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment