Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude-a-Day #3

Today I am grateful for my job.

Everyone that knows me should be pretty shocked by that statement. I always seem to be complaining about it. But while I do not necessarily enjoy the nature of what I do (sitting all day, staring at a computer, and leaving message after message after message... all of which is detrimental to my health), I do appreciate, very much, that I am actually employed. And have been so for three years.

I also am really thankful that this job allows me to expand my secular knowledge. I took the Pharmacy Technician course that we offer, and passed the National Certification, and will be starting an externship at Walgreens within the next month or so. Yay! I am currently doing an anatomy review from another one of our courses, and will be doing the Microsoft Office trainings that we offer, starting with Microsoft Word.

So no, I do not necessarily enjoy what I do all day (especially since my back has had major problems lately) but I am very happy and thankful to be employed, with benefits, and be able to continue to stretch my brain. Because sometimes you just need to learn something new...

P.S. If anyone is interested in signing up for any of our programs, family and friends get a pretty hefty discount. Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment