Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude-a-Day 19, 20, 21... and an announcement :)

Day 19: I'm grateful for surprises :)

Surprise 1: I'm engaged! To Sean Parker. He is the most wonderful man I've ever met and understands me so completely it is kinda scary. But in a good way of course.

Surprise 2: Sean totally surprised me with his proposal. I totally thought we were going to get engaged over Thanksgiving break when we went to CA to visit my parents. Nope. Apparently he skyped with my parents last week and asked for permission. 

We had already been ring shopping and had picked out the ring and stone (Custom Ring Design on 9th East in Provo. They were so awesome!) So I knew he had the ring already but I really thought I wasn't going to get it until we were in CA.

I got home from work on Friday and he was standing in my kitchen with a dozen red roses. He had printed a bunch of pictures of us and strung them across the kitchen, and was playing our song. Then he told me he had talked to my parents already, got down on one knee and proposed. I immediately started crying (well, more of a hyperventalating/crying thing, it was weird; but I was exhausted), said yes, and there you go! We are getting married March 22 in the Mount Timpanogus Temple.


(he did a really good job. i was totally surprised by the whole thing!)

Day 20: I'm grateful for Sean's family and how welcoming they were with me, right from the beginning. They are so much fun to be around and I love them.

Day 21: I'm grateful for paid time off. And that I only have to work 2 days this week and get paid for 5. Yay for vacation!

6 comments:

  1. awww...how sweet!!! i love it and am so happy for you two! congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot to mention that sean SWEPT and VACUUMED and MOPPED our floors. that's what i was grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Hayley! I'm so glad that you met your perfect match. Good luck with all of the wedding preparations. I pray that you have a memorable wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I am so freaking excited for you! Your awesome and deserve someone awesome :D I am grateful you are getting married in Utah so its much easier for me to attended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited for you Hayley! And you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOOORAAAAY!!!! I love this post most of all. So excited. LOVE your ring, and love the picture string Sean made! Wow, he swept and mopped and vacuumed? Golden. CONGRATS HAYLEY!! I am seriously so dang happy for you.

    ReplyDelete