Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"watch it rob, you're burnin' the chow!"

time to play "guess the quote"... anyone?

Anyway, my wonderful mother gave me permission to share this recipe with those that inquire... and since they are my favorite cookie in the whole wide world I hope she doesn't mind me posting the recipe. Because really, they are life-changing. Or mood changing. Probably both.

Chocolate Snow-Top Cookies
(or... The-Most-Heavenly-Cookies-On-Earth)

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
10 oz. (1 2/3 cups) chocolate chips
6 tbsp margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
powdered sugar

-Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in small saucepan.
-Mix margarine and sugar until creamy.
-Add melted chocolate and vanilla.
-Beat in eggs
-Add baking powder and salt
-Gradually beat in flour
-Stir in remaining 2/3 cups chocolate chips
-Chill dough for 1 hour or more (freeze 30 minutes)

-Preheat oven to 350
-Roll dough into 1-inch balls and then roll in powdered sugar
-Bake 10-12 minutes on un-greased cookie sheet


I'm telling you. They WILL change your life.

2 comments:

  1. quote. robin hood. the animated one with foxes and geese and lions and bears. when he's daydreaming about maid marian and little john gets mad at him for burning their weird soupish looking dinner.

    doneski. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will answer your quote by quoting the next line: "Sorry Johnny. I guess I was thinking about Maid Marian again. I can't help it. I love her, Johnny!" I used to have a crush on Robin Hood. Yeah, even though he's a cartoon AND a fox.

    And I will definitely make these cookies sometime! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Yum that picture looks soooooo delish..

    ReplyDelete