Friday, July 22, 2011

Shock, shock me. Shock, shock me.

So let me tell you about my night last night.

It started out like any other night this summer... me getting into bed way later than I had wanted. And then playing Angry Birds for half an hour. 11pm is way too late to go to bed, but unfortunately that has become the norm in my life as of late. And I'm addicted to that game.

The dogs woke me up at around 1:30. So I took them outside and then we went back to bed. This has also been normal for the past couple weeks. Also unfortunate, as I hate getting my sleep interrupted. Good practice for future kids? Probably...

All of a sudden, I hear CRASH CRASH and then feel something slam onto my mattress, right by my head. My eyes fly open and Blaze is sitting on my pillow. I look down, and my broken closet door is on the floor. (Broken a.k.a. unhinged.) I look around the room for Ruby and notice that my very nice tower fan is also on the floor, and Ruby is standing by the bedroom door looking a bit terrified. Like I would look if I had seen a black widow or something.

I think in her sleep, Ruby got too close to the closet door which is just propped up blocking my shoes from being eaten alive, and it fell over, knocked the fan down and scared both dogs. Poor girl.

It took 5 whole minutes to get Blaze off my bed. The top of my mattress is 4 feet off the ground. He was so scared he jumped onto the bed. And then wouldn't come down. I literally, at 3:30AM (did NOT know that existed) had to pick 75 lb. Blaze up off of my 4 foot high bed and put him on the ground. Wish I'd thought to take a picture. I took the dogs outside again and then went back in, picked up the closet door and the fan, and tried to go back to sleep.

Don't worry, I'm not bitter at my dogs for waking me up three times last night. In fact, all sleepiness aside, it's hilarious. Ruby's face... again, I wish I would have taken a picture. But my phone wasn't handy at the moment, and let's be honest. It was 3:30am. Like I'm going to remember to pull out a camera and document this...

But can we talk about the real tragedy here? Blaze now knows that he has the ability to jump onto my purposely high-off-the-ground bed. Can I get a Phoebe Buffet "oh no" from everyone? Because that knowledge to him is going to result in lost sleep for me...

1 comment:

  1. Loud things happening in the middle of the night when you're asleep scare the crap out of me! I'm glad you're ok. And I guess I forgive you for not thinking to take a picture at 3:30 in the morning...I can imagine how scared they were though! Poor cute dogs.

    ReplyDelete