Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"i can tell that we are gonna be friends"

I really love having solid friends. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that will listen to you complain about the same thing every day. The ones that will make all sorts of silly faces to cheer you up. The ones you know you can rely on for, well, anything. The ones that keep you entertained. The ones that offer you advice but don't get mad when you don't follow it. The ones that say the things you are too afraid to say to the people that need to hear it (Kjerstin, I'm looking at you). And the ones that you can do the same things for in return. I am so incredibly blessed to have quite a few of these friends in my life.

I received this little gem of a note this morning, and it totally made my day. Nope, scratch that. Week.

"Holy cow I missed you yesterday.  That horrible song that says, 'Today I'm not doing anything.... I'm just gonna lay in my bed,' you know the one... came on when I was driving.  Usually I turn the station faster than you can say lazy.  But yesterday, I thought, 'Aw, I miss Hayley,' and listened to the whole thing."

Seriously. So grateful for friends that listen to entire song that they hate because it reminds them of me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment