Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pregnancy Update

I stole love this idea my friend Tracie did while she was pregnant. I've been a slacker about blogging/journaling/talking to anyone about my pregnancy except for Sean, and there are things I want to remember! So hopefully I can do this every couple weeks to help me remember this experience, and have a reference for future pregnancies.

How many weeks?: 17 weeks today!
Size of Baby: About the size of an onion: 5.5 inches, 5 oz
Countdown:
22 weeks left
Total weight gain/loss:
+5 lbs.
Maternity Clothes?:
Not yet. My mom bought me a few shirts and I have some sitting in a shopping cart on Motherhood Maternity's website (all clearance) but haven't showed Sean to get the go-ahead. Definitely going to need a belly band though, because jeans are getting uncomfortable and my actual work pants are still really baggy looking everywhere except where they button up. Baby is low.
Energy Levels: It all depends. Yesterday I felt great, and today I feel exhausted. I also feel like I've been fighting off a cold for the last 10ish days which sucks. I have tons more energy now then in my first trimester though. That part is great. I can actually cook a whole meal now as opposed to starting and making Sean finish cooking because I have to sit down. Although by 8pm I just want to go to bed.
Exercise Habits: What is that? My 24 membership expired and I haven't had time to go to Golds to get a new membership. Although they are having a deal through the end of January so I'm probably going to take advantage of that. I need to have the gym option. Home workouts I just don't make time for, especially after 8 hour work days. A couple days ago I shoveled part of the driveway for about 20 minutes and was exhausted so I count that.
Sleeping?: Depends on the night. Most nights I wake up a couple times a night, and around 5 or 5:30 I wake up and have a restless sleep until 7 when the alarm goes off. That part sucks.
Worst Moment in the past 2 weeks:
Taking a nap on Sunday (which was great) but not being able to fall asleep that night until 11, then having to wake up for work at 5:45. Also driving in this snow is so stressful and I'm sure is not good for poor little babe.
Best Moment in the past 2 weeks Sean started school and rocked his first couple tests. I always did awful on tests so I take his successes as mine :)
Miss anything?: Warm weather (doesn't count because that would be regardless, but I have to throw it out there). Sleeping all night long, being comfortable in jeans, chocolate, ice cream.
Movement: Not yet. At least I don't think so. Sometimes I think I feel something moving in there but I usually dismiss it. My doctor said since it is my first pregnancy I might not feel anything until 18-20 weeks. Or I could start feeling it now. When it happens though, it for sure will be super weird.
Morning Sickness?: Nauseous at night, but that is when the B6 in my prenatal vitamin is wearing off so I expect it. It feels great to sleep it off and wake up feeling just fine.
Food Cravings: Cheese quesadillas and Frosted Mini Wheats.
Food Aversions: Chocolate. It will sound good and then if I eat it I feel yuck within half an hour. Same with ice cream. I do give into the occasional Kit Kat with Sean though.
Showing yet?: Yep. I can't suck it in any more. Sometimes it still looks like I'm really bloated or chubby though. My sister told me it isn't a bump, it is more like a buh right now.
Gender Prediction: Not really. I've wanted a girl for a while now. Even though I had a dream a couple nights ago about my next ultrasound and it was a boy. But Sean dreamed about delivery and it was a girl. I still will keep thinking it is a girl haha. Two weeks until we find out... on Valentine's day!
Labor signs: No. Unless back and hip pain counts. Probably not because I can't take my walking breaks anymore because of the snow so now I just sit at my desk all day. Hate it.
Moods: Tired and cranky. I try not to lash out at anyone though. I usually just mutter under my breath, especially at drivers.
Not Looking Forward to: Taking that dang glucose test, I've heard awful things. Also not looking forward to getting less sleep as time goes on.
Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender so I can start buying clothes! And decorating.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! And don't stress about the glucose test. It really isn't THAT bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jamie! I have just heard so many people cringing the day they have to do it. I'm probably working myself up over something that isn't really that big a deal...

      Delete
  2. aww...i'm excited for you to find out. well, if it is a girl, i'm living through you! and if it's a boy, welcome to the club! :)

    ReplyDelete