Monday, February 4, 2013

Gym it up

Ever since I moved to Orem a year ago, I've had a hard time getting to the gym. In the summer, it's easy to work out: I could run around our fun neighborhood, or go on long bike rides up Provo Canyon. It only took Sean and I an hour or so to get to Vivian Park from our house, marvelous! Not to mention we did insanity from home for two months. But then winter, and my pregnancy, hit. Can't run, hurts my chest. Can't bike, too much snow. Drive to the gym? 20 minutes away? Umm yeah right. I think I've averaged about 2 days a week since I got pregnant, and 4 before that. When I used to work out 5-6 days a week, and pretty intensely, I have been feeling awful about my workout habits.

FINALLY, though, my 24 Hour Fitness membership expired. Let me tell you, driving to 24 and passing 2 Gold's gyms and a Planet Fitness on the way pretty much was awful. So I went to Gold's on Friday and signed up with them again. The guy was super nice, signed me up on the VIP membership for the basic price, gave me an extra 2 free months, and also gave me a free freeze (which will come in handy in a few months when I'm bigger than a whale, oh and after that whole labor thing..), all because my birthday is the same as his wife! Okay so that's probably not why, they probably just are dying to get new memberships.

So I went this morning, and I cannot even tell you how much I missed the cardio cinema room! The one at the 8th North Orem gym is a lot smaller than the one at the 9th East Provo one, but still. My 20 minutes on the elliptical (cause seriously, I don't think preggo me could have handled any longer) went very fast with whatever Jackie Chan movie was playing today. And that, to me, is worth the $300 I spent (in total) on Friday.

Did I mention it is only a 2 minute drive to Gold's from my house? 
Almost as good as the 2 minute walk when I lived at the Treehouse.

3 comments:

  1. good for you! I wish I had exercised more during my pregnancy. It will make labor and delivery so much easier if you are in good shape. I will definitely work out more during my next pregnancy! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maureen! Exercise is so much more difficult now, but I will keep going! Can't let my money go to waste haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it totally ridiculous that this is EXACTLY the thing that worries me about getting pregnant? I love working out, and am good about doing it, but I SWEAR I am a big baby when it comes to not feeling well...I am worried I will lose motivation and stop working out. You are an inspiration to us all, Hayley!

    ReplyDelete