Monday, February 11, 2013

A Movie Filled Weekend

Sean and I don't see movies very often. I think since we have been married, we have seen Brave, The Avengers, and the Hobbit. In theaters, that is. We watch movies at home more frequently than that. (And more so frequently since I got pregnant, but that's just because I'm getting fat and lazy, just like the servants in Beauty and the Beast.) This last weekend though, we not only saw one movie, but TWO! I still am in shock...


Here Comes the Boom is hilarious! It is clean, full of fun, witty humor, and has a really good message about fighting for something and not giving up, even when it seems impossible. Also, it made me want to be an MMA fighter. You get paid to lose? Okay sign me up...


Wreck-It Wralph: my brother-in-law and his wife loved it. It was in the dollar theater (more like $2 theater...geez) so we decided to go. We invited Sean's parents along as well. We all loved it! Sean's Mom is diabetic, and after the whole Sugar-Land thing, she said "I think my blood sugar is too high now that I've watched it!" She was kidding of course but it was hilarious. And, it also has a good message. Haven't quite nailed it down yet, but something along the lines of keep promises you make, or you don't know the whole story, or be proud of who you are. Yeah, it needs some work.

Anyway, I highly recommend both movies, and so does Sean. Also, if anyone wants to go see Here Comes the Boom while it is still in the $2 theater, Sean and I will gladly go too!

*Best quote of WIR: "Why did the soldier flush the toilet"
"Because it was his 'duty'!"
(You laughed, don't lie.)

~Hayley

1 comment:

  1. Just try not to think of that quote when you're singing about putting your shoulder to the wheel, and doing your duty with a heart full of song.

    ReplyDelete