Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Women don't eat at all. They just look at food then jump on the treadmill."

Quote from Gilmore Girls.
But seriously not true. Well, maybe for some women. But definitely not this one...

I'm a little obsessed with this website recently:
http://picky-palate.com/

I found a recipe for this chicken roll thing on her website and thought it sounded delicious.

the before:

(sorry it's sideways, you get the picture)

the after:


(yes, those are my grandmother's plates from the 50's...)

The only bad part about trying new recipes is I can never judge how long it will take me. This one took two hours, but now I know the process and it will be MUCH shorter next time.

Oh, and it was super delicious, in case anyone wanted to know.

Find the recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. "I want that." You and your cooking inspires me. I LOVE food and trying different things and finding fun recipes, but I hate cleaning up the mess in addition to me being a snail making stuff. I know I just need to practice more, but it's not very good motivation for me when a recipe prep time says something like 20 minutes and like an hour later I'm just getting close to finishing. Even all my Food Network watching hasn't sped that up...oh well, I am determined to become better at that by the time I have kids, or I will probably go crazy! And super cool plates! I want some old plates, they are always so much nicer and good quality, not to mention awesome that they are your grandma's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you can still get the plates at kitchen stores. they have been making the same style since 1843...

    ReplyDelete