Tuesday, August 23, 2011

run, bike, AND swim?

I've never been much of a runner. Anyone shocked? Until lately, I guess. I mean, I still don't like doing it. Hate it actually. Hate that I can never seem to break the 3 mile mark without passing out. Sometimes I just want to go further! So, sometimes I swim instead. Because my arms get tired at the same rate as my lungs.

Yesterday at the gym was a swim day. I was thinking about it at work, though, and wondering, hmm, if I swim for half an hour today, would I be able to even attempt to run a mile right after? I decided to try it. And after a mile, I still felt okay. So I did a second mile. Halfway through that second mile I thought, I wonder if I can jump on one of those crappy stationary bikes for 10 minutes. So I did. And the good news? I didn't die.

So the question is:

Is there a triathalon in my future? Maybe. It would have to be a sprint triathalon, because lets be honest. I still won't be able to run further than 3 miles without wanting to die. But the other stuff? Maybe it won't be so bad...

2 comments:

  1. You rock. I love when our wills overpower our doubt and we realize we can do more than we think we can! You totally should look into doing a triathlon - even if it takes you a while to get through it, the fact that you did it would be an amazing accomplishment. My sister just did one and she thought she was going to die a few times but kept going knowing how great it would feel at the end, and she said it was one of the best things she's ever done!

    ReplyDelete