Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pregnancy Update! 20 weeks

Well the news is out, we are expecting again! The information below will be an inclusive update through 20 weeks (I am now 23
-ish weeks).

How many weeks?: 20 weeks, halfway!
Size of Baby: About the size of an onion: 5.5 inches, 5 oz
Countdown:
My dr. will be inducing me at 39 weeks, so 19 more!
Total weight gain/loss: +about 8 lbs.
Maternity Clothes?:
Yes yes yes. With my first pregnancy, I never bought maternity pants, I just used the belly band things and those worked great. This kid is in a totally different position, and maternity pants have saved me. I've been wearing them since about week 16, and was pretty much just wearing gym shorts and maxi skirts before that.
Energy Levels: During my first trimester I felt so nauseous all. the. time. About 14 weeks it turned into dizziness. Which wasn't a great combo considering I had to pack, move, and clean everything since we were moving.
Exercise Habits: Due to some light spotting at the very beginning of my pregnancy, I stopped exercising completely (minus chasing around my toddler). I was really really nervous about miscarrying, since I had already gone through that in February. Toward the end of June, we bought passes to the Provo Rec Center and I would walk there with Mason 3 times a week. Now I'm up to a 30-40 minute walk every day.
Sleeping?: I wish I would get to bed earlier but there's always something right? Other than that, I've had a few nights of pregnancy insomnia where it takes over an hour to fall back asleep after a bathroom trip, but mostly I'm back asleep within a few minutes. This has been the standard since before I got pregnant. No naps for this mama though, except on the weekends, since I work while Mason naps.
Worst Moment so far: Spotting at the beginning. I had a LOT of extra stress that I was carrying around because of it. I'm much better now that I can feel baby move.
Best Moment in the past 2 weeks Finding out gender, and feeling baby! I can feel him a lot earlier, but I hear that's normal with baby #2. Sean can feel him too which is fun.
Miss anything?: Air conditioning? Haha our new apartment just has a swamp cooler so the lack of AC has caused some warm nights, and I don't do well with that. I also miss wearing my normal pants/shorts. Shirts I don't really care.
Movement: Within 15 minutes of me eating anything. It started just after 18 weeks!
Morning Sickness?: I was so nauseous first trimester. Never threw up, but was in a constant state of nausea. I ate a lot of salty foods, that helped the most.
Food Cravings: First trimester I craved quesadillas (just like with Mason), and cereal. Then it turned into a plain bagel with mixed berry cream cheese. Can anyone guess what I eat for breakfast every morning? Lol.
Food Aversions: Ice cream. I've only had it a few times since getting pregnant and I usually end up with a stomach ache after. No fun, so I just avoid it. I also avoided soups like the plague the first trimester. Now it's not so bad. Veggies never sound good when I'm pregnant so I have to fight through that...
Showing yet?: Oh totally. I started popping out at like 9 weeks. I wore extra baggy shirts for weeks to church so no one would ask. I really was that paranoid about something going wrong.
Gender: It's a boy! I had a dream about a year ago that we had a baby boy so I had a feeling that was who was coming next. I'm still holding out that our girl will join our family one day though!
Labor signs: I've had a few Braxton hicks contractions the last few days. Just random tightening but nothing more. Other than that nothing.
Moods: Very emotional. Like, the littlest things make me cry. Like Mason accidentally stepping on my foot. Seriously? Calm thyself, pregnancy emotions.
Not Looking Forward to: Getting bigger and swelling. It was SO. BAD. last time. Hopefully the fact that I'll be huge in the winter will help. 
Looking Forward To: Meeting baby boy! Mason becoming a brother. Using all our cute clothes again! And not having to store more clothing than we already have. The time will come for that later lol.

Me at 15 weeks:




















Me at 20 weeks:





1 comment:

  1. It almost seems like you look even taller since the baby seems to be sitting lower!

    ReplyDelete