Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mason at 9 months

I'm a little behind on this post but we've had a whirlwind of a couple weeks, including but not limited to the flu, doctors appointments, Sean's finals, a new cousin for Mason, etc. etc. But Mason is cute as ever! Here is what was happening in his ninth month:

Likes:
- bath time. He gets a bath every night, not because he is dirty, but because it instantly changes his mood. He has learned to help pull his onesie over his head, and when the water is running he tries to fly out of your arms and into the bathtub.
- climbing. He tries to climb people, boxes, chairs, everything.
- my work headset. He loves to chew on it, especially the ear piece. Which can get gross so he doesn't get it that often.
- screaming like a velociraptor. Not kidding.
- puffs. Thank you Gerber.
- walking holding your hands. Along with this, he loves chasing people in this position.

Dislikes:
- being hungry
- waking up in the morning and not being fed right away.
- being held down. Which I constantly have to do to change his diaper.

Other notables:
- crawling EVERYWHERE. He has a turbo speed which has earned him the nickname Turbo. The turbo speed kicks on when he hears the dishwasher.
- walking along furniture. He started out really slow at this, but it has been getting faster and faster. He will be walking soon.
- can climb stairs. I always stay behind him, and most of the time there has to be some sort of incentive to climb. Sometimes he just turns around and is like, "Hey, Mom, just pick me up like last time okay?"

We sure love this little guy!!

He loves sitting in cousin Eve's toy car.

He also loves Grandma Parker's necklaces and earrings.

Sometimes when he wakes up early from his nap, and I'm not finished working, I'll sit on the floor and make calls while he climbs on me. He thinks it is pretty funny. I'll admit, it is :)

He LOVES being outside. It will postpone nap time if he is fussy but I don't want him to go down. (AKA if I know it will be a short nap if he goes down then.)

He also loves older kids, especially this cute redhead :) I have a special place in my heart for James :) I was there a few hours after he was born, I was his first baby sitter (when they got home from the hospital), I was at their house at least twice a week throughout Kelly's entire pregnancy with him, and I absolutely LOVE when I walk in their front door and he screams "HAYLEY!!!!!" Mason thinks he is pretty great too!

Visiting cousin Emma!

He taught himself how to blow bubbles

And all around loves bath time.

Likes walking with this walker and pushing stuff with it.

Loves my work headset :)

1 comment: