Friday, May 9, 2014

Mason: 10 months

10 months already?? I can't believe in 2 months my baby will be a year old. The first two months of his life went SO SLOW and Sean and I were the most exhausted people on the planet. But I have a feeling these last two months before his birthday are going to fly... Sigh. Every mom in the world feels this way but that doesn't make it any easier. At least I know I'm not alone in my misery...

Haha enough on that... here's what Mason has been up to (or getting into!) this last month.

Likes:
- LOVES his cousin Eve. Every time they are together he crawls around after her trying to play. The other day she would say "Race ya!" and run to the opposite end of the house and he would turbo crawl after her <3
- yelling into the dryer. It's a good 5-10 minutes of entertainment for him.
- showing you things. This is a new development! He'll be chewing on a cracker or a sock or pulling clothes out of the clean laundry (yup) and he will shout and show you, and won't put it down until you acknowledge what he is showing.
- watching videos of himself. Not in a conceited way obviously haha. He sits very still and will laugh at the videos or talk back to the baby on the screen... so cute!
- the swings at the park. But only for a few minutes. I think maybe we went too fast or too high or something and it upset his stomach.
- his favorite meal is ground-up chicken and mashed avocado. He has it at least once a day.
- loves apple/blueberry sauce from the jar
- screaming. Much to our dismay, this kid will scream to get our attention. Or if the family is having a discussion or just telling funny stories (especially at the dinner table) he will all of a sudden just scream to get our attention.
- going for walks/jogs in the stroller. He is such an observant baby. If we aren't moving, he is MAD.
- climbing onto the dishwasher. He can be in another room and hear the dishwasher being loaded/unloaded and he makes a beeline for it.
- tackling me. I will lay on the floor and Sean will come "eat" me and I say "Mason come help me!" and he comes crawling over and climbs up on me and keeps me down haha.
- being outside. There was a day last week when it was really warm when he spent most of his waking hours outside. And he was hardly fussy. It was great.

Dislikes:
- getting his boogers sucked (still). I understand this will probably never go away. And then one day he'll learn how to pick his nose and there will be boogers everywhere, so I'll take the two minutes of screaming while I suck his nose out every other day.
- his toys. Not really, but I think he is starting to get bored with some of them. I need to put half of them away and rotate them around.
- being thirsty. Go figure.
- wearing shoes. I bought these cute tennis shoes from Walmart a while ago and every time we put them on he screams. Maybe flip flops will go over better?
- pulling stuff out of bins, like laundry, toys, diapers, etc. Now that he is taller this is happening a lot more.

Other notables:
- he was standing on his own about 2 months ago, but then got an awful flu and stayed away from that daredevil move. Until about a week ago. Then he decided to be brave again in the bath and hasn't stopped standing since. He is SO close to walking, and will take a step before falling down.
- falls asleep with a burp cloth over his face most of the time. This has happened for months and we still find it hilarious.
- consistently sleeps 9-11 hours every night. Bedtime is between 830-930 depending on the day and how late his afternoon nap went. But even 930 is a HUGE step up from when he would sometimes refuse to go to be until 11. Or go to bed at 9 and wake up 45 minutes later. Yep. This is much better.

Lovin' some avocado

Watching Mommy make banana bread

A boy and his ball :)

Cousin Violet!

He got there all on his own...




Mason's version of an easter egg hunt

This is a little girl in our ward that Mason LOVES. This was right after she kissed him on the head.

Sean and the boys: James, Michael, and Mason

Just chillin'

Fort!

Love my little family <3

Water AND milk

Good morning!

Swingin'

Favorite place: the dryer. He likes the echo!

No comments:

Post a Comment