Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween 2013

It's no secret that I really don't like Halloween. All the candy (which is a HUGE temptation for me), the pressure to find an awesome costume, annoying teenagers coming to the door that are obviously too old to trick-or-treat... yeah. But this year I have a kid. And while I may hate it, what if he really, really, really loves Halloween when he is older? What if I hadn't dressed him up and he hated me forever, appalled that his own mother wouldn't take advantage of the fact that I can dress him up however I wanted? (Careful Mason, don't make that wish or you may be dressed up as a bee next year... complete with a girls' leotard - just like your Grandpa Jones when he was a kid.)

So Sean and I talked about it, and came up with a few costume ideas for our baldy baby. We thought about doing Charlie Brown (which would have been fairly easy since my cousin Jenna dressed her baby up as Charlie Brown a few years ago). We considered Christopher Robin and buying Mason a little Pooh Bear to hold, but he doesn't have enough hair. We then thought of Harold, from Harold and the Purple Crayon. It was one of Sean's favorite books when he was a wee lad, so it was perfect! We found a very light colored sleeper, taped a crayon to his chest, and went to my work trick or treat. When we got home the sleeper was soaked through with spit (I have a very drooly baby on my hands) so I changed him and then immediately slapped myself. How could I not document my baby's first Halloween?! So finally I got him back into his costume and snapped a few pictures. Love my baldy!



This is Mason at our ward Fall party. Cutest little scarecrow around!

No comments:

Post a Comment