Monday, March 25, 2013

Tim's Endowment Trip: Las Vegas

Yes, we took my brother to Sin City to take out his endowment. Yes, we walked along the strip. At night. And yes, I walked 2 miles at 5 months pregnant, just to see the Belagio fountains. (I do not recommend this to anyone by the way.) But we had a blast hanging out as a family (sans Carly and Bryce, would you guys live closer already??) in the warm Vegas air. Seriously it was marvelous. 

We left around 1 on Friday the 15th, and got to Vegas about 6:30. I was so proud of myself, I only had to stop one time to use the bathroom! Pregnant lady win! We checked into the hotel and hung out until Mom and Dad got there about an hour and a half later. We then went to Coco's for dinner. I wanted to go to the Belagio fountain show so bad, so we started walking. Apparently, though, I was the only one who wanted to go that far, or knew we were going that far. We had a tired crew after we made the mile trek. The fountain show was cool, and now it is checked off my bucket list. Then it took an hour to walk back due to walking being painful. But we made it.

Love him :)

The next morning, we woke up, and some of us got breakfast, again at Coco's. Hey, it was right next to the hotel! Sean and I split the Mega breakfast or whatever it was called: $10 for 3 eggs, 3 pancakes (which they gave me toast instead, but they gave me free OJ so I didn't complain), 3 bacon and 3 sausage? Not bad. Then we drove to the temple!

Do you know what is cool about the Vegas temple! One, it is way far off the Strip. Awesome. Two, they have an atrium where you can go and take pictures in your temple whites! So we took some pictures after the session. Can you see Tim's glowing face? Love it! It looks like he just ate a huge Thanksgiving-sized spiritual feast.

The proud parents!

Happy family! (Carly and Bryce, we miss you!)

Siblings

They are so cute. I love my sibs!

We took one picture and then my mom said, "Okay show off the bump!" So there it is. That was 23 weeks 2 days.

Highlights of the trip? 
-My dad is goofy and kept us all laughing at dinner. Amongst the rest of us telling stupid silly stories. I love going out to eat with my family!
-The words "Sean, one day when you are a general authority..." came out of my dad's mouth. Not that I would be surprised, but Sean had a mini freak-out haha.
- My mom went to Coco's with me in the morning while I ordered take-out, and proceeded to explain Angry Birds Star Wars to me. She is so cute!
- Watching my brother go through the temple, obviously.
- Not a highlight? Being in a car for 6 hours. Twice in a 28 hour time period. That sucked. 
But I survived.

(Thanks to my neighbors for watching Blaze! Becky, you guys are awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment