Friday, November 3, 2017

Halloween 2017

Here I am, just another mom who wasn't really all that into Halloween... until she had kids, and it is just so fun to make holidays special for them! This Halloween was no exception. Mason started asking to go to a Halloween party back in like August or something. Luckily, the primary presidency in our ward (of which I am a part) was in charge of the Halloween party for our ward this year, so I knew we would for sure be going to one. We had fun doing Halloween crafts, wearing ghost shirts, and of course PUMPKINS! Luke's favorite new word! I also made their costumes this year, along with new trick or treat bags, because I cannot for the life of me find where I put Mason's bag from last year. Oh well. And now for a slew of pictures!

This cracked me up at Safeway!


My Halloween craft, and Mason's pumpkins. I cut out the shapes for him, and he picked where he wanted them to go on each pumpkin. We also made a couple cute little spiders that aren't pictured.


Grandpa brought home pumpkins!!




We decorated Halloween cookies with Mason's little buds :)

We love Papa Murphy's, and Mason's excitement level was THROUGH THE ROOF when he saw this pizza we ordered!



Picking out our pumpkins!


I love the picture of Sean and the boys in that pumpkin! 

Hay maze!




And of course, the tractors were the biggest hit of the day!


Thank goodness for selfie sticks lol! Sean hates them but I don't care. I will get a cute pic of my fam!




We had tons of leftover frosting from the cookie decorating party, so Mason and I made a spooky Halloween house! He loved it! And Sean loved eating it over the next couple days haha.

Whipped up these trick or treat bags for the boys. I bought an orange fat quarter from Walmart, so the whole project literally cost $1. I had the green scraps already. Eventually they might get jack-o-lantern faces. Who knows.



We carved our pumpkins!

Don't know why this loaded sideways, oh well. The boys were the Wild Kratt brothers and they looked so adorable! I bought thermal shirts off of Amazon (one size up so they last through next winter too), bought $3 black t-shirts and cut them into the vest shapes, and then between my friend and my felt stash, I had enough to add the details. I love love love how they turned out!

Halloween morning breakfast! 

Grandma Parker sent Halloween books! We found Duck & Goose Honk! Quack! Boo! at our library and fell in love with it, so Grandma sent that to us, along with another one. Gosh these two are cute!







Halloween party! We trunk-or-treated around the parking lot, someone snapped that awesome picture of Sean, I won the M&M guessing game (score!), and the costumes look great! Loved "dressing up" baby girl this Halloween ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment