Friday, October 27, 2017

Pregnancy Update: 15 and 20 weeks!

Baby Parker #3 is on it's way! We are so excited for this new addition to our family. Mason keeps asking how the baby in my tummy is doing, and is it coming out yet? Not yet kiddo, not til March! I haven't thought too much about what my life will be like with 3 littles running around, because mostly I've been distracted living in King City for 8 out of the last 10 weeks. I know that it will all work out though! Here are my pregnancy updates for 15 and 20 weeks!

15 weeks:
How many weeks?: 15 weeks (and 5 days). My due date got moved up 3 days. I would have done this on my 15 week day but I didn't know I was 15 weeks, and then everybody got the flu. Yuck.
Size of Baby: about the size of an apple, about 2.5 oz and about 4 inches long 
Countdown: 
Brand new state, brand new doctor, so I don't know if he will induce me or make me go to 40 (or more, yikes!) weeks. I will protest being pregnant longer than 40 weeks though! So we will just say 25 weeks left and hope for the best.
Total weight gain/loss: I've kept an even weight so far! Of course, since Luke nursed until I got pregnant with this one, I never lost all my pregnancy weight from him. I was always. so. hungry. 
Maternity Clothes?: 
Oh yeah. At like 12 weeks I was wishing for my maternity garment bottoms, and the first thing we did after we got back to Sacramento from King City (the first time) was go get my maternity clothes out of storage. Those garment bottoms are a LIFESAVER. Most of the shirts are still a little big though, so I'm still wearing my baggy shirts I've been wearing for a year to hide my nursing belly.
Energy Levels: I felt really nauseous from about 11am til bed time this pregnancy, starting at 4.5 weeks. So I never wanted to do anything but obviously had to because, you know, kids need food.
Exercise Habits: Off and on, I would say so far I've averaged about 3 workouts a week. About a month before I got pregnant I signed up with Daily Burn, which was awesome, and then all-day sickness hit. So I think 3 exercise sessions a week is pretty good! There was like 2.5 weeks where I had a cold and didn't really exercise, and then this last week when we have all had a stomach bug I haven't worked out. Dang summer sicknesses!
Sleeping?I sleep really well until about 5am, when I have to get up and go to the bathroom. Then it's iffy if I can get back to sleep.
Worst Moment so far: The flu this week for sure. Throwing up suuuuuucks. I also had a tiny bit of spotting that lasted a few days so I called my dr and they told me to go to the ER, so I got to hang out at the King City ER for a few hours one day. But on the plus side, I got an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay, which was the first ultrasound I'd had for this pregnancy so it wasn't all bad :)
Best Moment in the past 2 weeks: coming into my second trimester and my all-day sickness melting away! It was a glorious week, and then we all got the stupid stomach bug..
Miss anything?: not really yet. I haven't really craved any foods yet, and I kind of miss craving something and then having the satisfaction of eating it. Is that weird? Lol
Movement: None yet!
Morning Sickness?: uh yeah. Aside from the stomach bug this week, I have only thrown up twice this pregnancy.
Food Cravings: like I mentioned, no. Nothing really jumps out at me as like "EEEEAAAAT MEEE"
Food Aversions: not really. nothing really ever sounds appetizing, so I'll just cook a normal meal and then as I'm eating it, it tastes good, but while I'm cooking I'm slightly appalled that I am preparing that meal, even though I know it's going to be good. This pregnancy has been really really weird haha.
Showing yet?: Oh yeah. I feel like I started showing the minute the pregnancy test showed up positive.
Gender: No idea! My doctor tried to look at my appointment on Monday, but he couldn't really get a good shot and said "It's too early to tell." I'm guessing boy though.
Labor signs: None.
Moods: Tired and short tempered.
Not Looking Forward to: at this point there is nothing I'm not looking forward to. Maybe the glucose test? I'm not really dreading anything yet. Cold and flu season??
Looking Forward To: finding out the gender! My appointment is October 26th! Also, Sean's brother and his wife are due about 6 weeks before we are with their 3rd, and first little boy, so it will be fun to have two cousins so close in age on that side!

 15 weeks


20 weeks
How many weeks?: 20 weeks as of October 22nd
Size of Baby: About the size of an onion: 5.5 inches, 5 oz
Countdown: about 20 weeks to go! Or hopefully less!
Total weight gain/loss:  Haven't weighed myself yet honestly, but I am guessing up between 5-10 lbs.
Maternity Clothes?: yes! Garment bottoms for sure, incorporating tops, and loving the pants! I just discovered one of my non-maternity pairs of jeans that still fit and don't cut into my stomach but they slide down so it's a win-lose situation with those haha.
Energy Levels: Pretty good! I can usually make it through the day without needing a nap, and sometimes not even feeling like I need one.
Exercise Habits: I feel like I'm doing really well! The last month while we were in King City, I walked almost every day for 45 minutes, and then did squats or lunges, and pushups. If I couldn't get a walk in I would do a Daily Burn workout.
Sleeping?: I've had more insomnia this pregnancy than my other two. It takes a while to fall back asleep sometimes.
Worst Moment in the past 5 weeks: Not getting as much sleep as I want at night because I can't fall back asleep
Best Moment in the past 5 weeks: Feeling baby move, and having Sean feel baby too!
Miss anything?: Breathing normally lol! I got winded the other day loading the groceries from my cart to the conveyer belt! But that's pregnancy for you!
Movement: Yep! Not super strong yet but it's there. I feel like this kid is more calm than my first two.
Morning Sickness?: Not anymore thank goodness!
Food Cravings: Still no cravings. It's so weird!
Food Aversions: Nothing really, also weird for me!
Showing yet?: Oh yeah! Haha I don't try to hide it anymore!
Gender: We find out on the 26th of October!
Labor signs: None
Moods: I get pretty cranky and frustrated pretty fast. Not my best pregnancy quality...
Not Looking Forward to: the glucose test. I know it's not that bad but man that's a lot of sugar in 5 minutes
Looking Forward To: Gender ultrasound!!

Me at 20 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment