Saturday, September 23, 2017

Summer 2017

I love doing these seasonal posts. It helps me sum up life briefly, and I'm sure it will be fun to look back on the fun memories from when these boys were little! Plus doing it by season is so much less overwhelming than monthly!

Our summer started off at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland! And then right after we got back, the Blackham's visited. Both those events have their own posts :) so picking up after that, here we go!

Luke likes to tackle...

Mason took two different soccer classes this spring/summer. He LOVED it. 

Nothing is safe when the baby gate to the kitchen gets left open. At one point he had 4 Coke cans stacked on top of one another. I was impressed!


We cleaned off our porch and sprayed Raid everywhere. It has done a REALLY good job keeping spiders away!



Chalk art and bike rides are a common occurrence around here. 


Lots of park play dates! The best is that they happen year round!

Movie night!

"Mom! I need to get off. Take my piscure!"


Ugh this cutie!!

Two little monkeys jumping in the crib!

This kid. So little and wants to be so big! Sometimes he thinks he is bigger than he is (i.e. sitting on the back of the couch like big brother, only to fall off backwards). Sometimes we forget his age because he is so big!  









We had a fun 4th of July this year! We went to our ward's pancake breakfast, came home and swam and had a BBQ with friends, then of course nap time while I made delicious treats to take to a dessert potluck, and then the Toone's for said potluck and fireworks! Mason actually held a sparkler! Aaaaaaand now I'm craving that white chocolate covered popcorn with M&M's mixed in. I freakin love Pinterest.



Monkey see monkey do!



Another "take my piscure!"

When you have to get the stroller to the car but they insist on riding...

Swimming with friends!

TONS of butterflies around! It's been fun to teach Mason about the different things we see around our complex: how butterflies and bees eat nectar from the flowers, spiders spinning webs, etc...

My cousin (technically first cousin once removed) is serving his mission in Sacramento! I thought there was no way I would ever run into him, the area is pretty big, but lo and behold! One p-day at Walmart I managed to run into him! Way to go Elder Hammond!

Mason took swimming lessons, and Luke got to play at the park!

Park fun while daddy played soccer with friends from school


We love when Uncle Cameron comes to visit! The boys were obsessed! We took him to the zoo, and read lots of books.

My parents came up to hang out with Mason a few days after his birthday, and we all went swimming!

Mason built this: "look guys, my rocket ship!"

Reading with daddy


I sure love living so close to the river! We love going on walks and throwing rocks into the water!

Big helper boys!




More swimming lessons and park after.


Gahhh these two cute brothers!!!

Lets eat daddy's food and watch what he's watching!

He who doesn't want to nap, falls asleep in the car. Every time.

Cute magic show at the library! Mason thought it was hilarious!

He has loved learning his letters, and loves playing with his letter puzzle. He comes up with all sorts of ways to use the letters, like lining them up 




Seriously. Love them and love where we live! The grounds at our place are sooo nice!

Swim lesson selfies! Mason did two sessions back to back. It was a long month of lessons but SO worth it!







We love this splash park!

"K boys lets go to the pool!"
"Look Mom! We made a bed!"

Playdough!



Wacky Tacky always hits the fun spot!

My little goofs!

Hiding at home depot!

Mason's first trip to the dentist. They got about 60% of the x-rays they are supposed to get, and Mason refused to let them clean his teeth with the machine, so the hygienist cleaned his teeth manually, but Mason only let him do the bottom half. Oh well. No cavities!

When he falls asleep on his own for a nap!

We headed down to King City August 14 this year, and spent 4 weeks there for Sean's first rotation. The boys LOVE taking baths in my parent's tub! Snapchat courtesy of my sister.

Helping Grandma!



Took some 4 year old pictures of Mason. Love his little personality! 
Then Aunt Jenny wanted to hop in too :)

First day of rotations!

Tried to push Luke to the park and have Mason scooter. Nope.

Mason finally got comfortable (most of the time) around the dogs. Jenny was a huge help with that!




My boys take care of me lol

Luke learned how much fun it is to feed the dogs!

Making cupcakes!


Love my cheesers!



First haircut!!


Lots of walks in KC, and trips to the park, where there are horses at the neighboring fairgrounds!

Wants to be just like his brother!

First ultrasound of baby! I had some extremely light spotting that lasted about a week, on and off, while we were down there, and my doctor told me to go to the ER just to make sure everything was okay. They did an ultrasound and everything was great! Look at that little nugget!!

"Mom! I built a pillow house!"

Card games. This kid's poker face is kinda strong!









Labor Day was spent at Morro Bay! Always a favorite! Thanks to my mom for paying for Sean and I to go kayaking, and watching the boys for us!

Mason crawled into my lap to cuddle and next thing I knew, he was totally asleep. He slept that day from 4-6:30, then went to bed at 8!

Back in King City! Traditional end-of-quarter celebratory Costa Vida! One more year to go!

Made my salsa. Yummm! So good!


Bought those little window clings for the boys. Seriously worth the entire $0.99 I spent!

Cheeeeeese!

Little helpers!

One of our last days in Sacramento for the two weeks we were back. Playing with RC cars!







No comments:

Post a Comment