Friday, May 27, 2011

take a look, its in a book

Okay, so you can just start calling me Belle.


Why you ask? Well, I've been reading more lately! Not sure why that is such a big accomplishment, but for me it is. Early on in life, I loved reading. I used to read the Baby-sitters Club books every day after school in elementary school, and probably Jr. High. And then I got to college. And ever since then I've gone through phases, but really most of the time I don't read. Ever.


Until recently...



Gulliver's Travels. It honestly took me over a year to read. Not because it wasn't a good book, because it was, but I think it was because I didn't understand the satire. Also, I had to look up quite a few words in the dictionary. Which is fine, that is how my knowledge expands, right?


Water for Elephans: SO GOOD. I read it in a matter of days and then saw the movie. The movie was pretty good, and Edward, I mean, Rob Pattinson, did a great job. And I love Reese Witherspoon. Anyone looking for something that will capture your interest right from the beginning, that is your book.


Don't make fun... it was very informative. It was written by this guy that was a consultant for Sex and the City, and a girl that was one of the writers for that show. They used a ton of examples from women in real situations to prove that he really just isn't that into you.

Wow. Eye Opener.
My favorite line, though, came from the end of the book.:
"Don't waste the pretty."
My new slogan...


Next up, Somthing Borrowed. Saw the movie and LOVED it. I can't wait to start it this weekend!

PS Over Christmas I reread a couple of the Twilight books and the Host. Just to get ready for the last movie... again, no making fun, because I know most of you have read them too...

1 comment:

  1. Wayta go! I have a new resolve to read more as well. I want to set aside time every day to just read, so thanks for the extra motivation. I also used to read every day growing up. My personal faves were the Goosebumps books and the Boxcar Children (in elementary school at least). Anyways, I REALLY want to read/see Water For Elephants. Can't wait to see what else you end up reading!

    ReplyDelete