Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Spring 2016

We had an extremely busy spring this year! To sum up, we moved to California and stayed with my parents for two months!





















We celebrated these lovelies wedding! Welcome to the family Kayli!

There were tons of deer in our neighborhood this spring! 

Mason's new favorite: puzzles!

Anyone else's toddler shopping experiences look like this??

Please don't make me stay in here mom!

We bunny-sat for our neighbors before Easter, Mason was so sweet with the it!


Mason often reads me books. He won't let me read very often anymore. He also shows us the pages and it is extremely adorable. (One time a couple weeks ago, he read a book to Uncle Ian over FaceTime and showed him every page.) 

Luke got to meet our friend Penny! We got a good laugh out of the fact that Penny is 5 months older and they are the same size! I wish that Mark and Sarah still lived in Utah so that we could compare their sizes again!

My best friend from high school, Katie, had a baby girl, so I made her this blanket! I LOVE the back fabric so much!




On my birthday, I took the kids to UVU to watch our friend Zach high-jump. (He's awesome, and qualified to jump at the Olympic trials!!) Mason put leaves down the drain (because why not?) and Luke got to meet his future wife! Rilee is the cutest little girl!! Go Cougars!



The next day, Carly and her family, and Tim and his girlfriend (they are now engaged) came over for dinner and dessert! I asked for lemon bars and Carly did a wonderful job! PS trying to get two babies and a toddler (and an extra toddler who didn't want to be left out) to cooperate for a picture was no easy feat. In fact, it didn't happen.  


For Sunday morning session, Zach and Autumn came over for crepes and to watch Conference. We took the kids for a walk after. We love these guys so much and hate living so far apart! That picture on the right totally sums up our couple relationship haha! 

Too cool for school: Sunday afternoon session. Photobombed by Elder Holland! 

Another walk that had both babies passed out!


We went to shoot a gun we were convinced we were going to buy. It fit my hand great but I didn't like the reaction too much (it might have just been because it was loud), and Sean didn't like how it fit in his hand. Oh well. 

One of Mason's new favorite games: putting coins into his piggy bank. 

This beautiful girl made the decision to be baptized! I couldn't be more proud of her!! 
(For posterity's sake, during Kelly's pregnancy with James, she was sick a ton, and I was single, so I would leave work and drive up to her house to help. Like 2-3 times a week. I got really close with her girls as a result!)





After the baptism, Sean's sister Jenna went through the temple, so my mom babysat the boys at Carly's house so Oakley and Mason could play. 



Luke's blessing day! He barely fit into that onesie (the one Mason wore) but I made it work! 
(Credit to Chelsie McCarty for the ADORABLE bow tie!)
And how sweet is that picture of Oakley and Mason?!?! I die. They are so cute.

This is Brittany. She and I met through Facebook when I worked as a MyCAA Enrollment Advisor at Career Step. She took our course, and she would send referrals to me. When she moved to Utah in 2013, I helped her get a job at Career Step! The first time we met I was a month away from having Mason and we shared this awkward pregnant hug. She is someone I don't talk to often, but when we do talk, we pick up right where we left off, and I know that if I need anything she will always be there. Love you Britt!

These people. We love them so much. They are all from our ward when we lived on Center Street in Provo. We did a game night with all of them and it was SO FUN. We miss you Carlsons, Blackhams, and McCartys!

(Sean and I were getting super sad at this point. Our house was being packed, we were saying goodbye to people, it was terribly difficult to be happy and positive all the time!)


Carly came down while our husbands and Tim went fishing! We took the kids to the park and watched the Dragon show. We were soaking up our last times with our cousins!




Sunday afternoon!

My brother got engaged!! We love Hannah and are so excited for her to join our family!


Lots of silly moments and slightly scary moments with this kid, like this fat lip. 
(If anyone is wondering, that dragon species is a Thunderdrum.)

We had to be out of our apartment on April 30th, but Luke had a doctor's appointment on May 2, so we were homeless for a couple days. 
Then we drove across country! (Haha well a couple states of it at least.)

We stayed at the Mackay's house in Springville and I found Mason like this before church Sunday morning.

We really miss the mountains...


Bonneville Salt Flats 

Welcome to California!!

We stopped at a rest stop so I could feed Luke, and Mason and Sean went exploring.


My Grandma Jones bought this marble toy at a thrift store for $0.50 in the mid to late 1950's and thought it would not get any use out of it. Three generations have now played with this awesome toy!



Soaking up Grandma and Grandpa time!

Playing with the Marble Works!






We took Mason to the Salinas Valley Fair and boy was he pissed when we only let him ride that truck one time... yikes.

Grandma has the magic touch! I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to have my parents come home and be able to pass the baby off to them haha. He's heavy!

Mason's job is to make sure Luke has a toy to play with.

Pretty flowers on our walk!

Mom's a dragon!


Play group in my parents ward! 
It was so much fun to hang out with these wonderful women every week!

Sunday school selfie!

I got to sing in church with my dad. We rocked :)


Hotel fun



Storage unit fun!

Mason liked sitting in "Grandpa's truck". That truck was my mom's dad's truck!

Hanging out with Aunt Jenny

He is such a good helper! 

Hmmm, how can I wake Jenny up and make it seem like it's not my fault?

Where's Jenny? There she is! 


Lots of park trips


"Sandi, do yoga! Streeeech!" 

My mom is THE BEST and brought me churros from the farmers market!

Drew, Henry, Joel, Mason, Luke. Or 5 bars.

I got to go to this pretty girl's baby shower! I am so excited to meet baby girl!

Another where Luke is, Mason goes.. 

Tacos..

I NEED to find him a climbing gym. Like, yesterday.



Date night with my dad to see my mom's choir perform!

The best place to explore at Wally and Vicki's house!

Our good friend Joshua, who lives down the street from my parents!

Taking a walk before dinner. I love Sean so much :)


No comments:

Post a Comment