Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Luke 6 months

I can't believe it! Half a year with this little guy in our lives! It has been crazy having him around, especially the last two months of moving, but I cannot imagine life without him! I love watching Mason grow into a caring big brother (don't get me wrong, he has his moments of mean to Luke) and watching Luke grow and learn, and especially figure out how cool his big bro is!

Likes:
-Bathtime. Officially. I may have said officially before, but now he cries when we get him out.
-Baby food. He has liked everything we have given him, even when it doesn't do well with his system (rice constipated him, green beans made him spit up and up and up and...). Oatmeal FTW!
-When big brother Mason plays with him. Mason gets the BEST laughs out of Luke of anyone and it is the most adorable thing ever.
-Sitting up. He is so good!
-The exersaucer. I think he likes being in it because he can stand. Makes him feel powerful. Or something. Haha.

Dislikes:
-His carseat. We leave the infant carrier in the car and just carry him back and forth (seriously, he weighs so much and the added weight of the car seat... no thank you!). But when we try to buckle him in, a lot of times he has a cow. Once he's buckled he's fine though.
-On a related note, does NOT like when we turn a corner and the sun is in his eyes all of a sudden. But he also hates the sun shade... pick the lesser of two evils kid!
-Being on his tummy or back. But, I tell him, you need to practice being on your tummy to learn to roll and crawl! No way, he says, I like sitting. And standing. Sorry not sorry.

Other notables:
-Found his teeth and tongue this month! His tongue is out of his mouth a lot of the time. And on the rare occasion he lets me put him on his back, he puts his feet in his mouth.
-I mentioned sitting: I stay pretty close, but if I put him down I can get up and do stuff, and he's good as long as he has a couple toys within reach. If Mason is in the room, I stay very, very close. Mason likes to watch him topple.
-Moved up to 12 month clothes just after he turned 5 months. Seriously kid? I guess he just needs to get big so he can keep up with Mason.
-Broke the 20lb club. He is so dang heavy. I don't have height/weight percentages yet because he hasn't had his appointment (we are still trying to figure out insurance after our move... sigh) but I will update when I have them.
-First bath not in the baby bath seat! This was a big deal for Mason. "Luke bath with me??" He was so excited. And every time I say "Mason, bath time!" He says "Baby Luke bath too!" I guess Mason is looking out for Luke's hygiene. I appreciate that.
-First time sitting in the grocery cart as well. My mom has the little cart insert thing she used when we were babies, so Luke got to try it out! It was a success. I didn't hear a peep out of him the whole store trip! He was so content with his toys.

We love our little squishy!!


Where Luke is, Mason follows...

I really love these moments



L: Mason at 13 months. R: Luke at 5 months. Same outfit.


Twinners!























Here Grandma, you need kisses


We moved into our new apartment in Sacramento on his 6 month birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment