Monday, June 2, 2014

Oh Monday...

...how I loathe thee. And not just the normal "oh great, it's Monday again", this Monday has been particularly exhausting. They always creep up after a wonderful weekend, am I right? Today, I worked for half an hour before Mason woke up, and then he and I cleaned and started laundry. I was about finished and was going to put Mason down for a nap when Sean asked me to bring him a lunch because they asked if he could stay a couple extra hours at work. Score, more money right? Yeah... Well Mason was already cranky because I kept him up so that he would take a better nap. So he half cried, half played with toys and climbed diaper boxes while I threw a lunch together for Sean.

We got in the car and, surprise surprise, Mason fell asleep 3 seconds in. I figured as much, he had already been up for 2.5 hours. Then I got lost on the way to Sean's work and ended up by my work... seriously? How long have I lived in Provo?? Finally got to Sean's work after driving around and finding a few cute houses for sale... Whoops... not even close to looking at houses to buy, what was I thinking even looking?

We get home and Mason's eyes pop open as soon as I open his car door. Awesome. So much for him finishing his nap. I tried. I even let him cry it out for like 15 minutes. He was done sleeping. But still fussy. So then I sat on the floor and worked while playing with him/trying to feed him. Oh and his lunch that he normally likes? Wasn't having it. Graham crackers it is! And watching the same videos on my phone over and over again because they make him laugh. (He particularly likes the one of him and Eve playing chase, and the one of him and James playing on the stairs.) I finally ate lunch, and then realized that it had been over 2 hours since we had pulled in the driveway. Sweet! Bottle, downstairs in the dark, blanket, bounce for a few minutes, and he finally passed out. Mommy nap time!

Oh wait. I have only worked for 2 hours today. Log back in to finish up my hours for the day. Luckily it is slow so I can pretend I'm doing nothing but checking facebook and instagram  and blogs for the next two hours. Maybe I'll work on Sean's CASPA application next, except he'll be home soon to work on it himself. Oh, and keep the water coming, because I feel like I am coming down with a cold. Great.

Monday, June 2, 2014, I am so over you. Tonight I will be at the gym for a couple hours to hopefully make myself feel like I'm not worthless for sitting on the couch all day, even though I have been working...




Sorry I just needed to get that out of my system. I do feel a little better. Especially after typing the part about the gym. Hopefully it's a good movie on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment