Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Sean and I really wanted to climb, and I also really wanted to take Mason on a hike! We tried to get to Maple Canyon that day (it is very kid friendly as far as even ground to stand on haha), but timing just didn't work out. So, we picked a pretty easy spot to get to up Rock Canyon (a favorite of Sean's and mine anyway) and packed up! We met up with Dave, Cameron, Alex, and Kelsee.

Dave and Cam both set up sweet hammocks. Dave was working on editing his thesis that he was defending the next day…



Mason had a great time with the rocks.





Alex climbed first, then wanted Kelsee to lead climb the route. She did amazing!!






After Kelsee, Cameron, Dave and Sean all went up. Sean came down so I could take a turn. This is probably the hardest route I've ever climbed, but it was great! Thanks to Dave for talking me through the tricky section!





After we finished, Mason was pooped. He screamed as I put him in the carrier, and passed out as soon as I started walking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment