Wednesday, July 25, 2012

when pioneers moved to the west...

They ate waffles and watched fireworks, duh!

Oh wait. That's what we did! After we got off work on Tuesday, scratch that, Sean had work off. I didn't. After I got off work on Tuesday, we headed down to his parents for dinner and had a very patriotic waffle breakfast dinner. And topped it off with Otter Pops for dessert.


Then around 8:45, we headed down to Mapleton to meet up with my cousin Kelly and her family. Kelly's sister, Laura (also my cousin, duh...) was in town with her kids, so we all watched the Mapleton fireworks together!



I am so thankful for my pioneer ancestors and the sacrifices they made to come out west and help build the church, so that I could have what I have today. I'm grateful to know about my heritage and where I come from (not just my pioneer ancestors, all of them), and I'm so glad we all get to be sealed together for eternity! I'm glad Utah sets aside a day to celebrate not only the Pioneers, but our church history and our personal histories as well. Happy Pioneer Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment