Wednesday, March 21, 2012

one month!

Can you believe it? Sean and I got married one month ago (well, as of last Saturday).


It's gone by so fast, and feels like we've been married forever. I guess we are married forever ;)


Anyway, here are some things that we have done over the last month.

1. Hiked in Arches. In the SNOW. 


Snow? Really? But it was loads of fun!


2. Going along with number one, took our first vacation together (honeymoon to Moab). It was so fun! We went to Canyonlands to watch the sunset, and hiked a couple days in Arches.




P.S. There will be a separate honeymoon post with lots and lots of pictures once I edit the pictures.

3. Sean has tackled Anatomy at BYU like a champ. 100% on his first midterm, 98% on his second... freakin smarty pants. Love him. I may be slightly jealous that his anatomy grades are SO much better than mine.

4. I tried clam chowder. A few times. And liked it. Enough to buy a bucket of it from Costco and eat it for dinner the other night. Applause, applause, for my newly acquired soup taste. 

To go along with the "new foods" theme, I also tried calamari. And liked it also. Not as much as the clam chowder but I ate more than one calamari thing at Olive Garden a few weeks ago. Yay me!

Lesson learned? Sean makes me brave.

5. Blaze got hit by a car. First family tragedy/scariest moment ever since we've been married? Yes. But luckily he is a big dog and pretty beefy since my mom decided he was too skinny and I was feeding him 7 cups a day. Yeah the vet said no more of that. He had a fracture on his hip bone next to his spine, but is healing just fine.  


Bored, but fine.


6. We bought tickets to Disneyland! We are going in May for our second/real honeymoon, since we only got a couple of days right after our wedding. Yay for tax returns! We will also be hitting up the beach, Sea World, and my parents house so they can treat us to BJ's in Salinas. Yesssss.


7. Sean finally took me climbing. Yes it was winter our entire courtship (practically), and he hurt his shoulder in September and wasn't able to climb. So we finally went the week after we got married. I love it!


8. It finally got above 60 degrees! So Sean and I have celebrated by playing catch and kicking a soccer ball around. I can't wait to hike. And climb outside. And go on bike rides. And not worry about if it is going to snow the next day or not...


9. We bought a vacuum. And not just any vacuum, a Dyson! It's marvelous. And we may or may not vacuum Blaze with it, with the fancy pet attachment it came with.


Just look at it in all it's glory.

10. I am mastering the art of working as a pharmacy technician. I started my externship with Walgreens about 3 weeks before we got married. I love it! It's so great NOT sitting at a desk there, like I do all day long. The only draw back? I'm doing 40 hours a week at my job, and at 10-15 at the pharmacy in addition. It's getting a bit exhausting. Good thing I get less tired in the summer?

11. We bought bikes! With my tax return. Don't worry we bought helmets too. And a car bike rack. Score. I'm so excited to use them :) Of course it decided to snow the night we bought them...


That's about all I can think of for now. I love being married and I love having my best friend by my side all the time. It's been so much fun so far and I'm excited for all the fun months we have ahead of us in our lifetime! P.S. We are still accepting wedding gifts if anyone feels so inclined ;) our registries are still up at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target...

2 comments:

  1. You're adorable!
    Congratulations on 1 month! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Married forever!!! Totally awesome.

    Also, you look *amazing* in that top picture (I mean, pretty good in the rest of them too, but dang cuz, I want to look through all your wedding photos -- even though I saw/was in some of them already).

    Hope Blaze makes a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete