Monday, February 27, 2012

"we're fresh out of zebra"

I seriously love my crockpot. I love the ease of throwing something in, and then when I come home, dinner is ready. It is the best. And bay leaves are the secret to making any meat that has been crock-potted taste even better. I owe my mom for that one.

This morning, Sean and I threw a 2 lb. pork roast into the crockpot with a bit of water, some salt and pepper, and a bay leaf. About half an hour before we ate, Sean shredded the pork and dumped in half a bottle of barbecue sauce and we let it soak into the meat.

I seriously almost died. The meat was so good and flavorful. I am going to dream about it tonight.

The other best part? Leftovers for tomorrow :) ohh the yumminess that will get me through another day of work.

Anyone have any favorite crockpot recipes they want to share?

Three cheers for crockpots!



P.S. Name the movie quote from the title...

2 comments:

  1. lion king! congrats on the wedding! your pictures are beautiful!! so happy for you! sorry we werent able to make it! we are moving and i was in california!

    ReplyDelete