Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hayley's 31st Birthday!

Honestly, it started out like any other day, kids crawling into bed at 7am haha. But it was also General Conference day, and I was really looking forward to that! We finally rolled out of bed at around 8 and I started making birthday/conference waffles.


We ate and started watching conference, and then about 3/4 of the way through the first session there was a knock at the door! I opened it and it was my mom and dad!! They drove up from Soledad to surprise me for my birthday!! I was completely shocked and so happy to see them! Mason and Luke were super happy too!

Snapchat for the entertaining win!


After the first session, we went to Boudin SF for lunch, and then picked up a cake from Nothin' Bundt Cakes in Sacramento. Both were delish!



Then we headed home for the second session of conference. Luke refused to nap, and instead wanted to spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Jones!

I gotta remember to keep the salt and pepper out of his reach...

After the second session ended, we drove out to Mason's soccer class, and Grandma and Grandpa came too!



Now here is where the adventure starts. We left soccer and stopped at a gas station really quick to take Mason to the bathroom (because potty training), and so I could go too. (Sick=lots of fluids=lots of bathroom trips.) Well I ended up leaving my phone in the bathroom at the gas station. It was seriously less than 5 minutes later, and I jumped out of the car and ran across a few lanes of traffic at a stop light to go get it, but it was gone. How dumb could I be?? We tried Find My iPhone from Sean's phone and someone had already shut it off. So I left a note at the counter of the gas station just in case someone found it, and we drove to the Verizon store to see what could be done. We had an upgrade available so that was lucky, but since we didn't have the old phone we would still have to pay that one off. Ugh. So after the Verizon store we went to the mall across the street to get a phone cover and screen protector thing. After I found one I liked, we bought the game Set as my birthday present, and then we went to dinner at the food court. We were headed back to the car when Sean got a call; someone had brought my phone back! We picked it up and decided to come home, back up the old phone, restore everything to my new phone, and we will turn the old one in on Monday and put whatever credit we get from it toward our bill. All in all, a very emotional day, with a lot of very fun ups, and one seriously stressful down haha. Hopefully this next year isn't as crazy as today was!!


Thanks for coming Mom and Dad! Best surprise ever!

P.S. In case anyone is wondering I got the 128G rose gold iPhone 7 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment