Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter 2015

This year, Easter fell on the weekend of General Conference. Every 6 months the leaders of the LDS church speak to its members and to all the world, and it is truly amazing. So celebrating Easter and the life, Atonement, death, and resurrection of the Savior, along with listening to the messages of the leaders of the church, made for an amazing day (well, weekend, since Conference is Saturday and Sunday) filled with the Spirit. And of course some fun too!

Before Mason woke up, I laid some plastic eggs on the floor in our living room so he could do an Easter egg hunt. When he woke up, he looked at us like we were crazy as we were telling him to pick up the eggs and put them in the basket. But he got the hang of it pretty quickly!

We may or may not still have said eggs all over our floor still...

Then onto the Easter basket! The Easter Bunny brought a few new toys for Mason, along with some Teddy Grahams! And some candy for Mom and Dad of course. Mason snacked on his new found treat while I made crepes for breakfast (a conference tradition Sean and I started).


After the first session of Conference that morning, we headed over to Sean's parents house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt! Sean's mom had a HUGE basket of plastic eggs that she just threw across the back lawn for the 3 grand kids to go after. Well, two grand kids. The other one kind of just sat in the midst of some eggs and played with them.



(After Sean said, "Hayley give me a piggy back ride!" and then I did the same to him, Eve said, "I want a turn!")

 I love his face in this picture!

We took Mason home right before the last session of Conference and put him down for a nap. It was nice watching without kid distraction! After he woke up again, and after the session was over, we went back to Sean's parent's house to let him run around some more. He had a great time. And then the chocolate eggs were brought out...


Hmm, do I like this? YES! Yes i do!

After we cleaned him up, we tried to get a family picture. Babies just don't know how to smile! Or mine doesn't.


 


I am so thankful for my Savior and his atoning sacrifice so that I can be with my family for eternity. What a blessing to have that knowledge! I love my family and am so grateful for them. Sean and Mason bring so much happiness to my life I couldn't live without it. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Mason with the chocolate egg on his nose! That is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete