Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Year's Eve/Carly's Birthday

My sister already blogged about this here, but here is my version of the story ;)

Around Thanksgiving, I had the thought that maybe I should go up and visit Carly for her birthday. She would be very pregnant by that point, and really not be able to celebrate like the 22 year old she would be ;) haha. So I told Jen and Mom, "Don't tell Carly, but if the weather is good we are going to go up to Rexburg for New Years' and surprise Carly!" 

So all through December I prayed and prayed that the weather would be good so we could go up. And about a week before, when I could finally check the weather, it looked good! So, I called Bryce, told him our plan, and he was in on it! Carly wanted to go to Olive Garden for dinner, and then play games after. Sounds good to me!

We left Provo around 12:30 or 1pm on the 31st, which put us in Idaho Falls (where Olive Garden was) about 4:45pm. So, we swung by Sean's Aunt Karen's house to hang out until it was time to go to the restaurant. We got to Olive Garden at 6 and they got us seated pretty quickly. But, Bryce and Carly (and Todd and Jessica) weren't there yet! So I told the waitress, "we are waiting for my sister and her husband and friends. She has long red hair and is very pregnant. She doesn't know we are here, so when they get here will you lead them back to the table?" They did, and it took Carly a minute to figure out what was going on. We both cried when she did :)


 

We had a delicious dinner (Mason had some yummy green beans and a bottle), and then drove back to Rexburg. We stopped at the store for breakfast supplies and New Years treats, then went home and played games. We played Cards Against Humanities (the edited version: Carly and Bryce went through and threw away all the questionable ones) and laughed a lot! Then we watched the countdown and went right to bed. Mason broke in Oakley's crib for her haha.

What's with all the pink, Mom?

 Happy New Year! Now let's go to bed...

The next morning we got up, watched some of the Rose Parade and ate french toast and sausage and bacon. Mason learned a new trick, and decided he likes Uncle Bryce because Uncle Bryce gives him candy ;)

He was pulling the funniest faces...

This game is called Flash Pad. If anyone wants to get it for me for my birthday, please do. 




New trick!

We left around noon or so and drove back to Provo. It was a quick trip but was so fun to surprise my sister! Little did I know I'd be headed back just 5 days later…

Oh and Mason did this all on his own that morning:

1 comment: