Saturday, June 23, 2012

Disneyland Day 1

Sean and I got really lucky as far as tickets went. Disney was running a deal on 3-day park hoppers for $199 each. That breaks down to the Southern California 1 park 1 day ticket price! We jumped on them like flies on poop! We bought them with our tax return. (After the bikes too. We got a nice tax return this year.)

Fast forward to our trip; we left Sean and Juliet's around 9 the next morning and headed to Disneyland! It took about an hour to get there. Which I expected. Southern California/Los Angeles general area is not small people! It takes hours to get from end to end!

Anyway, enjoy a whole slew of pictures from the happiest place on earth! It might be another long post, but I am really going to try and only pick the best ones. Especially since most of them are pics of the two of us same pose different rides. I digress... enjoy!


Our tickets had Sully on them! Totally a good sign for the trip.


We asked my friend Katie how to get our newly-wed buttons (she is a pro) and we followed her instructions! 
People told us "Congratulations!" all day every day!


 Family picture!


First stop? Fast passes for Indiana Jones! Then Jungle Cruise (above) and Pirates of the Caribbean, like 3 times in a row.
We're I'm obsessed with the POTC ride. 

  

Haunted mansion, of course.
Is anyone else kinda bummed when they don't let you walk through the cemetary in front of the building? I love reading the silly headstones!

  

Indiana Jones! We only had to wait like 10 minutes with the fast pass!
After this we picked up our fast passes for Splash Mountain and got lunch, then hit a few more rides! 


Winnie the Pooh! Neither of us had been on that ride.


  "I've got a bright idea!"



Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!


Classic. Sean's face was like mine but he broke too soon... Oh well!



We got pretty wet...


Oh yeah. Delicious ice cream break. And then we picked up fast passes for space mountain.


 Autopia! Sean's first time! I let him drive.


Look at that happy face :)


 Star tours! They have completely changed it around. Not sure I'm a fan, I loved the old one!


It's all 3D-ified and everything.


Space Mountain! This picture is not edited at all haha.


 Horrible quality but we had a great time shooting Zurg. Sean kicked my trash...


P.S. If anyone has had them email you the picture, it most likely went to spam. Bummer on all the classic pics my family and I have missed out on...


Then it was time for me to face my fears and go on Tower of Terror. I was terrified. Seriously.


I was still trying to decide at this point if I liked it. Don't worry. It is now my fave ride in CA Adventures!


Then we ran back to Disneyland right before it closed to go on Finding Nemo's Submarine ride! My first and Sean's first. Instant fave! It was great!

Lessons learned from this day at Disneyland:
1. Park-hopper passes are the ONLY way to go.
2. TAPE YOUR ARCHES IF YOU ARE PRONE TO SORE FEET! Or if you are going to spend 4 total days walking around parks. We were dying after this day... Taping your arches will save your feet each day of the trip. We should have done it starting with Sea World.
3. Do not waste fast passes on things like Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, etc. Save them for these rides: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones. Maybe Big Thunder if the lines have been long all day. Everything else? The line will get shorter if you come back later.
4. If you have 2 or 3 day park hopper passes, do not feel the need to run from ride to ride, no matter how exciting it is to be in Disneyland. You have time!

Fun day! We love Disneyland and I honestly wish we lived as close as I did when I was growing up. One day maybe... wishful thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Another tip: If you get to the park when it first opens, run with everyone else to space mountain (i swear, everyone always wants to go there first)get a fast pass, ride it, and then go to the other side of the park! it's usually soo empty at the beginning of the day.

    so jealous!

    ReplyDelete