Monday, September 24, 2018

Summer 2018

What a crazy summer! Between swimming, fishing, a baby who wouldn't sleep, two weeks in King City, Sean finishing school and studying for his certification exam, and Mason starting Kindergarten, it seemed like it flew by!

Parkers at the Temple: June! This is my favorite family goal we set for the year!









Jess and her family stopped by for a visit! Jess and I were across the hall buddies my first year of college. I used to babysit for them, and we used to watch Glee together!! I'm so glad they were able to stop by on their way through!


I was a fun mom the first few weeks of summer and planned activities and things for Mason to keep his brain active. Then Cori stopped sleeping and I didn't have the brain power to keep it up anymore. The first theme we did was ocean and I found all sorts of fun things for him to do on Pinterest! 

Goofy boys! 

More school stuff. He loves it!





Independence Day! We had the Toone's come over and swim, and then we went to their house for fireworks!

Mason got into my mascara!



 We took a trip down to King City and picked up Aunt Carly on the way! 







 My little beach bums! They had the best time! And Cori tolerated it lol









 Mason had a BLAST, Luke took a minute to warm up but had a great time splashing, and they both loved finding seaweed! Carly found a sand crab, and got it in Mason's hand right as a wave hit. He jumped and then felt the crab crawling and threw it back haha! 

Of course dinner at Giovanni's!


My mom made Mason a cake since it was the day before his birthday!

Siblings!

I miss this girl! Washington is too far away!

I don't remember why this boy was mad in the first picture, but he cheered up pretty quick :)

Birthday boy!!



On Mason's actual birthday, we drove Carly to the airport, got home and opened presents, and went to dinner, and then the outlet mall. We let the boys actually put quarters in those little rides and they were in heaven! 

The next theme I tried to attempt was Insects. Here's Mason making a spider web.

Summer sunsets for the win!

New jammies!

Parkers at the Temple: July!

Keeping Mason entertained during nap time was so hard sometimes! I just wanted to rest! But we did lots of chalk, Candyland, and Uno.

We swam a lot this summer!



Sean had an interview in Fresno for an orthopedic fellowship. They put us up in a hotel, and while he interviewed, I went to hang out with Sister Mackay! Bishop Mackay was instrumental in Sean and I getting together :) and now he's the mission president in Fresno! We were lucky enough to get to see him too, after Sean's interview was over! The Mackay's are the best!!



Fishing at the river!

Mason was sick and Luke was bored, so I took him on a scooter ride around the complex parking lot. He's so much fun!!

They really love Cori!

Mason drew ducks! 


We love having the river so close!

This is an amazing picture of my brother, taken by his wife Hannah! I just had to include it because it was so awesome! The view, the cast... it's just perfect!


When Mason wants to vacuum!

I often find random pictures on my phone when Mason gets ahold of it... this selfie was just too cute

We hit up the UC Davis Med Center farmer's market every week this summer. Yellow watermelon was a must!

Wearing Mom's and Dad's shoes! 

Under my favorite tree in our complex, right outside our apartment!

A fun tree at the Farmer's Market

Parker's at the Temple: August! We invited the Toone's this month! This was when the temple was closed for cleaning so we couldn't walk around this month.

Helping carry in groceries. "Mom, there's a handle for me!"

More fishing! Most of the water around where we would fish was too shallow. Sean tried to get out deeper with no luck.


Sean's Oath ceremony! Cori had a blowout on the way there and of course, I had no change of clothes.



Zoo trip!

 And more fishing!

Sean's friend, Morrell, sent me this picture. Sean was taking a break from studying for his final exam.




We went to pick up a prescription for Sean from Rite Aid in King City (where we went for his last rotation). Cori fell asleep in the carrier and I didn't want her to wake up, so the boys got to play with cars for a loooong time while she slept.


"I'm not tired Mom!" Yeah right...


Lots of puzzles and legos and all my mom's other kid toys! 

 Trying to be like big brother!!


First day of school for Mason! He loves Mrs. Randazzo's class! 

Mason was really proud of this! 


Wearing expired surgery garb!



Selfies with my boys! And poor Sean, he gets beat up a lot by those twerps :)

My friend Jen and I did a musical number in church, and the only way Cori was happy when we practiced was in the Ergo. She fell asleep despite the flute being played in her ears....

He always picks something to hold on the way home from the grocery store :) 

Getting really wet at the river. 

Cori loves when Sean plays the guitar!

More pretty sunset!

Mason set up the stand and music and put on a concert :)

Sean getting tackled by kids. Nothing out of the ordinary.

This whole outfit is one of ours, on Henry. He looks ADORABLE!!




Parkers at the Temple: September! I was trying to get 6 month pictures of Cori, to no avail, and Sean snapped this of me :)

Found this shirt on clearance and he's OBSESSED

My sweet little kinder :)

Under the bunk bed!

We ride bikes to school pretty much every day!

We absolutely love the grounds at our apartment complex. Lots of fun things for boys to play with!

Snuck a picture of Mason in his classroom!

"Mom, don't come in here!"

Walking to school views!

More of what they shouldn't be doing. Eye roll.


My cousin Jennifer's (holding Cori in the second picture) son Sam was Young Simba in his school's production of Lion King Jr. We went and my boys LOVED it! We went with the cousins to McDonald's after. So much fun!!

Mason drew this picture of Sean!!

Goofy kiddo! Gosh I love him!

Maybe it's a first kid thing, but I think Mason is capable of more than I let him do. He helped me make my salsa, he scored the tomatoes, and then put them in the water to blanch. Such a good helper! 

I did 4 batches of salsa this summer! Hopefully I don't run out! It's soooooo good!

Our friends were re-landscaping their front yard. Mason was really helpful! He shoveled those rocks for a good 20 minutes!

On a shopping trip with Mom and Dad. "Mom, take my picture!"






We spent the last couple days of summer in Redding, CA. Sean had an interview up there. They put us up in a hotel for a couple nights, and after Sean finished his on-site interview, they sent us to Turtle Bay, a fun wildlife rescue place, amongst other things. Obviously, though tired, our boys loved it! We fell in love with the area and are anxiously awaiting an offer!

Such a fun, busy summer! So many things coming up for us in fall: Sean's national certification, a couple more interviews, and a move to who-knows-where... yikes! But we have faith that it will all work out and that our Heavenly Father will take care of our little family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment