Saturday, May 12, 2018

Sean's 30th Birthday!

Happy birthday Sean! My honey is finally in the same decade as me again lol! I'm two years older, but it doesn't bother me anymore, because whenever anyone asks us how old we are, I just let Sean answer first and then people assume I'm the same age!! Haha!

For Sean's birthday this year, I wanted to make it special. But of course, kids got sick that week. So no cake was made, and I didn't get to make the meal I usually make on his birthday (spinach and sausage stuffed shells), so I had some major improvising to do! All in all, I think his birthday turned out really well! Love you Sean!

Two of his presents: a new dress shirt, and one of those beard hair catcher things that suctions onto the mirror. His reaction was hilarious: "is this a gift for you or for me??" I answered, "Can't it be both?!" Lol! His other present was a California t-shirt. 

Sean got off early on his birthday, which was a surprise to both of us. He texted me that he was on the train on the way home after I had only blown up like 10 balloons!! I sent him back a text that said "CRAP I'm not ready!" But of course he didn't get it, he was on the train. So when he got home I yelled, "Don't come in!!!" And then I made him close his eyes while I put his bike away, and made him walk into our room and close the door while I finished. Then I hung the balloon strings, and made him close his eyes again, crawl underneath them, then stand up, turn around and open his eyes lol. Guys I'm such a good wife.

Birthday surprise: 30 balloons, and each one had a slip of paper with something family/friends love about Sean! He popped each one and got to read them :)

Delicious salmon, rice and asparagus for dinner!

Cheesecake (from the dessert section of the grocery store) because, again, sick kids means I don't have time to make a cake. Sorry Sean! He wasn't disappointed though!

And, for posterity's sake, heres the 30 things we love about Sean!

1.   I love to play with Daddy! -Luke
2.   I love that he is a kid at heart! –Jenny
3.   He has great facial hair! –Bryce
4.   He’s good at impregnating Hayley ;) also he’s a smarty pants! –Carly
5.   I love that he loves rock climbing! –Tim
6.   I love his work ethic and sense of humor! –Hannah
7.   He’s humble and great at keeping me humble by shoving it in my face with the greatest intention of love :) -Cameron
8.   He loves Hayley. He’s a loving dad. He’s got a sense of humor, all be it a little warped (but that’s okay cause he fits right in). He’s strong and athletic. He’s smart. He’s very likeable. He’s got a strong testimony. He honors his priesthood. –Elise
9.   He will always be the one to find out the how and why behind things in class. He is always willing to go be fat with me and eat all the things. – Morrell
10. I love his hugs and kisses! –Mason
11. I love his tender heart. Also, his sense of humor and his sense of ridiculous! -Jenna
12. I love that he’s stronger than he looks. And his regal nose. And that he will actually sit on someone after threatening them! –Ian
13. I love his curly hair and that he is a very good dad, and that he loves the Lord. He is conscientious. I love to hear him giggle. –Mom
14.  I love that he’s an honorable father and priesthood holder. –Dad
15.  Sean is quirky and funny and plays guitar. –Wayne
16.  I love how Sean immediately welcomed me into the family when I married Ian. –Becca
17.  I love Sean because he is so funny! –Eve
18.  I love the face you pull when I say something really weird and it catches you off guard and makes you laugh!
19.  I love your thirst for knowledge.
20.  I love that you can fix so many things (or BS a solution)!
21.  I love how much you love me, our kids, and our families.
22. You are musical AND athletic, which pretty much was my dream guy for forever J
23. Your goal since we got married has been how to best provide for our family
24.  You aren’t afraid do slap whip cream in the face of someone who needs and deserves it ;)
25.  I love your dad jokes (let’s face it, that’s what they are); they always make me laugh and I love watching you tell them!
26. You’re my favorite road trip buddy! Someday we will do Disney again and have some time just for the two of us there. We will also find time/ways to get to all the other places we want to visit, I promise!
27. You go along with my crazy sewing/craft ideas, even if I sit on them for months.
28. I’m grateful for all the times you comfort me, but also grateful that I am able to comfort you too (I hope!)
29.  I love your blue eyes and curly hair!
-->
30.  Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder, for loving the Lord, and loving me! You are the BEST!

(And Katie added, "He's a great spider killer when they're located on the ceiling that small, short people can't reach! I love that!")


No comments:

Post a Comment