Thursday, January 26, 2012

life or something like it

Nobody told me planning a wedding was going to make me the busiest I have ever been in my life. Thanks all you old roomies/friends who are already married...

Kidding! It's been great! Super busy. That part is true. But great. As the wedding gets closer and closer every day, I sometimes have to step back and realize all the little things in my life that are good. Because stress definitely hides good sometimes.

-Sean and I moved me into the apartment we will live in when we get married. We live in someone's basement, and they live upstairs. Super convenient. Blaze has adjusted well, and is loving his new friend that he gets to play with, a dog named Jake. Who doesn't really play. Poor Blaze. He misses Ruby. It's really fun knowing that it is "our"place, and I can't wait for Sean to move in :) Oh and apparently the whole ward knows we are coming. Great.

-Sean's family is fantastic. All of them. They have all helped so much with the wedding. His sister took our engagement photos AND designed our announcements (which are in the mail) at no cost! She is also doing my bridal shower along with Sean's sister-in-law. His dad teases me more than anyone else I swear, and they claim it is out of love... haha it's fun being part of their family. His mom lets us eat dinner there whenever we want, so my grocery bill has gone way down. Plus whenever I am there we eat at the table, which she loves. She has also done so much to help with the stress; printing labels, helping me stuff envelopes, buying random frames for the reception, giving me fabric advice for the centerpieces, tons of stuff. His aunt is an angel and is making my wedding dress. Custom made. Isn't that every girls dream? She has 10 yards of white satin in her living room and will start as soon as the fake-o is done and fitted to me. And did I mention all I had to do was pay for the fabric?? Yeah my mom loves me.

-My family is fantastic. My parents know I am getting things taken care of and all I have to do is check in and say, this is how much this cost and they lovingly reimburse me. Wow! I really wish my mom was here to dress shop, help with the reception, etc., but it is nice having Sean's family here to help with that.

-Work is going well. Shocker. Actually, they changed my position (again) and are moving me to another desk (again). I still am in the same department, but now I talk to military spouses all day and help them get started in the program. There is a funding for them through the MyCAA which basically allows them to enroll in any of our courses for free. So I help them through and get commission based on how much revenue I bring in. Paid of credit cards, here I come!

-Sean is in school. And he is smart. Way smarter than I was in school. He's in his hardest semester but still does a really good job of showing he loves me. He's wonderful :) He is working two jobs; he still works for catering at BYU and he also started as a Physiology TA this semester. He made the Dean's list last semester, so proud! We are both just counting down the days until he doesn't have to leave at night. So glad gas prices are cheaper right now.

-Did I mention wedding announcements are out? No more stressing about addresses. Phew.

Okay, so now comes the update on the actual wedding details. Ready? Go!

-Colors: a sort of cobalt blue, green and yellow. A nice, soft green and yellow with a splash of blue. Love it! The boys are wearing blue ties and gray slacks, girls are wearing gray skirts and blue shirts. Sean's tie is green and yellow, and we just picked up his suit on Monday. He's gonna look dang good!

-Location: we are getting sealed in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on Friday, Feb. 17th at 11am. Luncheon for those at the temple after, then a reception from 6-9. Both are at a church building in Provo, down the street from Sean's parents house. We are serving fruit and veggie trays, and angel food cake.

-Random: cake will be pretty small, since we are serving angel food cake for everyone. It will be pretty though, no worries. Centerpieces are going to be mason jars filled with sliced lemons and limes, with white flowers in them. They will be sitting on blue squares of fabric. Which I bought yesterday. And need to make into napkin size squares. Yikes. The ceiling will have fabric draped across it and lights strung below that so it doesn't look so gym-y.

-Dress: as mentioned, Sean's aunt is making it. She is a professional seamstress. As in has her degree in it. Awesome. It will have long sleeves, a higher collar, (helloooo it is going to be freezing) and is going to be gorgeous.

-Honeymoon: we are going to Moab for a few days and will be back at school/work on Tuesday unfortunately. But, we will be doing a southern California trip in May around Sean's birthday.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of details that people want to know. Oh well. Just ask me.

And for those of you DYING to see the announcements and can't wait another day or two:



I think they look wonderful :) Yay getting married!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Hayley- everything sounds so wonderful! Wish i could be there. Love the announcement. You are both marrying into excellent families, it seems. Love you and so happy for you!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna say... Pretty sure you're handling this WAY better than I did. Props. I really am impressed.

    Also I'm sorry I didn't call you back yesterday. Or the day before (I can't remember, and I'm not sure if it's just me or the babies that are making me more forgetful).

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the engagement! We are so happy for you! You'll make a beautiful bride! I love the announcement!

    ReplyDelete